cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prograf 1000 printing issues with Mac OS 13

Denchamber
Contributor

Today was the first time I tried to print (from Lightroom and also from Photoshop) after updating my OS to OS13 and I noticed that the print dialogue boxes were much more elementary than before.  I.e. the options and settings seem more simplified.   I downloaded all the new Canon updates for drivers, etc., rebooted, and no difference.    I am assuming this is a function of OS 13 rather than the Canon drivers but has anyone else experienced this?

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Denchamber,

The print window in OS 13 has changed when it has come to it's appearance, but the drop down windows still have the same options as with the previous versions of the Mac OS. If some settings are missing and you have already download the CUPS printer driver for OS 13 from our support site. I would suggest deleting and adding the printer under system preferences.

You can click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. Use the - at the bottom of the list to remove any listings for the pro-1000. Once the printer has been removed, you can click the + at the bottom to add the printer back to the list. Before click the +, make sure the name of the printer is selected in the USE box near the add button.

If you continue to have issues with the printer driver, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with any driver issues.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In addition to Hector's advice, ensure that you added the Canon IJ Series version of the printer. The AirPrint version has simplified features and menus.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements