cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-9000 sat idle for a long time...

jaimeknapp
Apprentice

This printer went unused for three-years and I am trying to determine what the odds may be of it working properly if I procure a full compliment of CLI-8 cartridges. I would like to be able to use it again, but do not want to waste the money if there is some element in the ink path that may have dried too completely.

I appreciate any suggestions on this.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you have no ink or the ink is dried out so you can't do a nozzle check or head cleaning. Correct?

Amazon currently lists a complete set of 8 CLI-8 inks for $127.

Through the end of february B&H Photo, among others, has the Pro-100 printer (successor to the Pro-9000) for $120 after rebate. That price includes the printer, complete set of ink and a package of paper worth $44.

And the Pro-100 is a better printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your input John.

I had not even powered it up before my post. I have installed the new cartridges I had (Red, Green, Black and Magenta) and run multiple deep cleanings. The pattern check comes out very faint. On a lark, I tried a couple of photos and even those full colors were barely visible.

I assume there is nothing more that I could do to access the nozzles and clean them in any other way and it is now a very large door stop. It looks like the Pro-100 with the rebate is the only smart way to go.

Announcements