cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 prints look like 8 bit

johnmartmill
Apprentice

Hello all,

I can't seem to get my photos to print correctly from Lightroom or any other program. Not sure how to describe it, but here's what I'm getting (ignore the black ink smudge-- that's my kids):

IMG_3120.jpg

Paper is Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster. I've installed/uninstalled/reinstalled the latest drivers. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What operating system?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

johnmartmill
Apprentice

Windows 11.

When you look in Devices & Printers do you see the printer listed as “WS”. If so, that is a limited feature Windows driver. You want the Canon driver; should say Pro-100 series. 

Does this happen with all images?

Confirm that you are loading paper correct side up/facing you. That is a common situation, especially if you are finding that the print is wet when it comes out of the printer. wet a finger tip and touch a corner of the paper - the print side will be tacky. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Many thanks for taking the time to write back, it's much appreciated!

The only driver I see is "Canon Pro-100 Series". I think I uninstalled the WS because I had researched it before and found that I didn't have use for it.

And yes, the glossy side of the Photo Paper Pro Luster paper is up. I've had good success with this printer in the past. I replaced almost all of the ink tanks with brand new ones. No idea why it doesn't work now.

What happens if you try plain copy paper?

You’ve used this paper before successfully? Reason I ask is I don’t consider the Pro Luster paper to be glossy, but the wrong side of the paper is smooth. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I tried plain paper and it looked decently ok:

IMG_3129.JPG

So I tried Pro Paper Luster again and got the same exact results:

IMG_3130.JPG

So it doesn’t look like a general printer problem or software settings issue. Do you have a different Canon paper you could try? Perhaps there is something defective with the paper. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements