cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 printer newbie needs help

Canon_newbie
Apprentice

Hi, my first post here. I am unable to install a Pro-100 printer and would appreciate some help.

I purchased a never used Pro-100 printer with all the original accessories. The printer was taped up with the orange tape, and the print head and ink cartridges were all sealed. It had been in storage for a few (five?) years. Following the Get Started guide, I installed the print head and the ink cartridges without problem. The print head then moved to the right by itself, the Power and Alarm lights would flash alternately ten times. This chart says the Support code is B200, and need to contact service. However, the Pro-100 is no longer supported.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/PRO-100S%20series/EN/UG/ug_trouble0300.html

Following the following thread, I tried the power down, push Power button sequence a few times. That did not fix the problem.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-pro-100-will-not-power-up/td-p/...

Swapping the power cord (7amp) with another (10amp) did not fix the problem.

Online there were claims that they fixed the B200 problem by replacing either the power supply or the print head. But I can't find a manual or a tutorial for either.

Please help. TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the response and suggestion.

I left the printer turned off for a few days, and gave it another shot. After turning it on, I got the same flashing lights again. Frustrated, I tried pressing two of the three buttons at the same time. After a few permutations of pressing two different buttons, the flashing lights disappeared!

The printer went through what appeared to be an initialization cycle. After that, I ran head alignment, nozzle check, and printed an evaluation target. Everything turned out perfect. BTW, the printer is now plugged in an extension cord.

Could pressing two buttons at the same time be a reset feature? I don't know, and I don't care. Just glad I now have a good printer!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Canon_newbie,

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA PRO-100 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the response and suggestion.

I left the printer turned off for a few days, and gave it another shot. After turning it on, I got the same flashing lights again. Frustrated, I tried pressing two of the three buttons at the same time. After a few permutations of pressing two different buttons, the flashing lights disappeared!

The printer went through what appeared to be an initialization cycle. After that, I ran head alignment, nozzle check, and printed an evaluation target. Everything turned out perfect. BTW, the printer is now plugged in an extension cord.

Could pressing two buttons at the same time be a reset feature? I don't know, and I don't care. Just glad I now have a good printer!

Announcements