cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 cyan extremely light

johninar
Apprentice

I have cleaned the print head and tried to figure out why cyan is so light. Suggestions?IMG_6614.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you have performed Deep Cleanings and still don’t get the cyan channel my guess would be a failed head.

But, as a check, be sure that there isn’t any of the clear wrap on the top of the cyan cartridge. There is a tiny vent hole on top. It can be blocked if there is wrap in top.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you have performed Deep Cleanings and still don’t get the cyan channel my guess would be a failed head.

But, as a check, be sure that there isn’t any of the clear wrap on the top of the cyan cartridge. There is a tiny vent hole on top. It can be blocked if there is wrap in top.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

milobluefoot
Apprentice

Hello, 

I'm new too and I may have a similar problem with a Pixma Pro100S. 

The Cyan and Photo Cyan are just absent. I runned several deep cleanings but nothing changes. I also noticed the inside of the printer is filthy with cyan ink... 

Should I just clean everything and do a manual cleaning of the printhead (with ammonia) ? 

Thanks very much for your suggestions

20210221_104052.jpg20210221_104052.jpg

20210221_104126.jpg

@milobluefoot wrote:

Hello, 

I'm new too and I may have a similar problem with a Pixma Pro100S. 

The Cyan and Photo Cyan are just absent. I runned several deep cleanings but nothing changes. I also noticed the inside of the printer is filthy with cyan ink... 

Should I just clean everything and do a manual cleaning of the printhead (with ammonia) ? 

Thanks very much for your suggestions

20210221_104052.jpg20210221_104052.jpg

20210221_104126.jpg

It may be perspective, but it looks like the two cyan cartridges are sitting different than the others. Are you sure they are seated correctly?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

johninar
Apprentice

Thank you, I was suspecting a failed print head as there is no streaking or lines in the print. It's smooth, just very light. I am ordering a new print head.

Thank you,

John

Did replacing the printhead fix the issue?

I think I'm having the same issue with the Cyan. Thanks.

Announcements