cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing tweets (Pixma Pro-100)

tweetprinter
Contributor

Hey everyone, so I run a business printing tweets (it's called Framed Tweets), and after going to Fedex Office for a year, I just got a Pixma Pro-100 to print at home instead.

Problem is, the tweets I'm printing aren't nearly as crisp and clear as the prints I was getting from Kinko's. The text is a hair less-sharp, and the colors are less vibrant.

Does anyone have any ideas for the best settings to print a tweet? I'm working with a Mac and 100 lb, 275 gsm cardstock, by the way.

So you have an idea of what I'm talking about (left is Fedex's print, right is Pixma Pro 100)  [Mod Note: Image removed per forum guidelines - inappropriate language].

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The ICC profiles are intended to produce accurate color (as close as possible to the calibration color swatches) on a particular media type (surface). You could start with the Canon paper profile that you think is closest to your media type (card stock is probably conidered a matte surface)  and then in the printer driver adjust colors. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 4.49.10 PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

The ICC profiles are intended to produce accurate color (as close as possible to the calibration color swatches) on a particular media type (surface). You could start with the Canon paper profile that you think is closest to your media type (card stock is probably conidered a matte surface)  and then in the printer driver adjust colors. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 4.49.10 PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Wow, this worked like a charm! Thank you so much John, you're a hero!

Glad to be of help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements