cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print studio pro not recognizing my printer pro100 in lightroom

crojai
Apprentice

Could really use some help. I have a canon pro 100 printer and can print from lightroom classic but when i try to use printer studio pro it says it cannot find my printer. msg says 'a printer supported by this software is not found'. i have a mac running ventura os. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the print studio driver but no change. Based on other suggestions I found i moved a copy of the PSP plug-in folder in the canon utilities folder to the lightroom folder and still no change. This is very frustrating as i really like using print studio pro for setting color, brightness adjustments etc. 

I gave up trying to figure this out on photoshop also so this is my last hope.

I really need some hope on this one.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is the second time I've had an issue with PSP since upgrading to an M1 MacBook. My new MacBook initially "dumped" PSP from the Automate menu too, but I was able to re-establish it by dragging files from one folder to another in the application (using a tip I found here).

After I recently upgraded to Ventura, while PSP did still show up under Automate, it wouldn't open and I just kept getting "error" messages. Downloading and installing PSP 226 (again, following a tip someone posted here) did the trick, and I'm back in business with my Pro-100.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have the Canon IJ Series printer installed?

Go to Printers & Scanners and select the printer. If you see Driver Version 3 then you have the Apple AirPrint driver.

Select "Add Printer" and wait for the Canon IJ Series version of the printer to appear. It could take several minutes.

I am assuming you downloaded and installed the latest Canon driver from the Canon support site - 16.70.0.0

It won't work with Ps and Ventura, but will work with LrC.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Botany3
Apprentice

I don't use Lightroom but I have a Pro 100 and suddenly couldn't open Print Studio Pro after upgrading to Ventura. Someone here mentioned that "Canon has upgraded to Print Studio Pro 2.2.6.  The early version 2.2.5 did not work with PSP and Ventura." So I downloaded and installed PSP 226 from Canon's Canada website. It worked perfectly. Now I can print with PSP on Adobe CC / Photoshop again.

That's interesting. I don't print from Photoshop but I do have it on my computer. PSP does not show up in my Automate menu but does work fine with LrC. Ventura M2 MacBook Air.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

This is the second time I've had an issue with PSP since upgrading to an M1 MacBook. My new MacBook initially "dumped" PSP from the Automate menu too, but I was able to re-establish it by dragging files from one folder to another in the application (using a tip I found here).

After I recently upgraded to Ventura, while PSP did still show up under Automate, it wouldn't open and I just kept getting "error" messages. Downloading and installing PSP 226 (again, following a tip someone posted here) did the trick, and I'm back in business with my Pro-100.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements