Canon Community Canon Community

JP4
New Contributor

Pixma-Pro 100 Printing certain images wrong

Hello!

I have a Pixma Pro-100 and have been struggling for the last week trying to get it to print correctly.  

I have gotten it to print correctly in the past but has been acting up with my recent files. 

I have tried printing out the Outback Photo printing insight #49 and it prints that really great.  

My friend also has printed his original artwork that he does digitally from my computer and printer and they print great as well. 

But I recently started taking photos of my oil paintings in RAW format, convert them to DNG and then to a Tiff file. They look great on screen but then just print so saturated and wayyy to dark.  The colors are off as well.  I just don't know why it is printing other things fine but not my converted photo files.  I use Photoshop and Print Studio Pro on the Canon Luster Paper

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pixma-Pro 100 Printing certain images wrong

Do the DNG versions print OK? When you save a file to a TIFF what are your settings? Are you printing the TIFF from PS as well?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC
JP4
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the response!  I haven't printed as a straight DNG because I thought it had to be a TIFF or PDF to print well.  I also usually copy and paste the original image onto a new file because I resize it and put type below the image.  My TIFF settings are usally either 300 or 400 DPI, I've tried both but didnt seem to make a difference.  I also have it at 16 bit RGB.

I am printing the TIFF from photoshop and have tried both printing directly from photoshop and from Print Studio Pro.

Let me know if you need anymore info!

Thanks! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try printing a DNG from Photoshop or PSP. Lets at least see if you can get a good print like that. You converting a RAW file to DNG? Any reason why you don't just process the RAW file in ACR?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

JP4
New Contributor

I just tried printing straight DNG in Print Studio Pro and it looks the same as the TIFF prints, the colors are way off and the contrast is very intense.  I don't have Acrobat but have Photoshop and I read the only way to get the image into Photoshop is to go through the DNG converter.  I also need to print a specific size with borders and type so I do that in photoshop too.  I can attach an image of the actual image and how it is printing as well to see if that helps! The first is how I see the swan on screen(minus the black lines, they are just coming up when I upload it here). The Second is the DNG Print

SwanForum2.JPG

SwanDNG.JPGThanks!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning. Since the Outback test image prints how you like it the printer is working OK. I don't have any more suggestions I can offer. My limited knowledge of DNG is that for formats that PS cannot read, like a new camera model that a earlier version of PS can't open, Adobe provides the DNG converter that will convert the file to DNG which PS can open. PS should be able to open a TIFF since it is a universal format, not camera specific. 

Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe someone else will jump in.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH