cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 200 misprinting at end of print

jmgahagan
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm relatively new to printing and purchased a brand new Pro 200 about 6 months ago. Up until yesterday I had no issues with it at all and have been printing images that look beautiful and accurate color. Yesterday while printing a few 8x12s on 9x12 paper, I heard the printer start making some louder than normal noises toward the end of it finishing the print, as most of the print had already come out and was visible. There was a visible vertical line in the last inch of the print, along with black markings on the margins. It has done this 3 times now, and other times it finishes the print fine but I still see the black ink spray markings on the very end. It only ever happens at the very end of the print, and it almost sounds like the print head or the paper is getting hung up inside somehow. This is terrible timing as I have an art show in two weeks and need to finish printing another 30 or so photos! Any help would be very appreciated. I tried the print head alignment which seemed to do nothing. Also I'm using canons professional print and layout program and have been printing on red river paper using the correct profile. I have attached a few images to show what is going on. 

20231006_193216.jpg

20231006_201137.jpg

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Try setting the printer to prevent paper abrasion. Please use the steps below: 

On the HOME screen of the printer, select Various settings > Printer settings > Print settings, and then set Prevent paper abrasion to ON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements