Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Pixma Pro-100 printing very dark

No worries. This is very helpful. Thank you!

New Contributor

I have the same issue as above. I just set mine up and tried to print. This is my first fancy printer.

You said

"First off you must not let the printer set anything.  Turn off every bit off control it has.  You can do this with the Canon My Printer under the Printer Settings tab.  Do you know how?  I will guess, yes, for now but if you don't get back to me.

Second, you need to have PS handle all settings and color matching.  You know how to do this?"

Can you explain how to do this? Lay mens terms please. I am a complete newbie. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

See this thread.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Issue-with-printing-from-Photoshop-vs-...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC
Occasional Contributor

JMPaterson,

The place I turned it off that made the biggest improvement for me was going to the following: (I'll try to do as detailed steps as possible, but if you have any questions, let me know)

Go to Control Panel

Open Devices and Printers

Right click the Pro-100

Click Printer Preferences

Click the "Main" tab at the top

There is a section halfway down titled "Color/Intensity" with two options

Choose Manual

Click "Set"

Click the "Matching" tab at the top

Choose "None" 

Save and close out

That almost completely fixed the problem for me. From there, I just had to make sure I was choosing the correct ICC Profile for what I was printing. 

I got the above and the selection of the correct ICC Profile from the help of the place I buy my paper. It's what worked the best for me and now my prints are great! 

Esteemed Contributor

kmyers is right.

Here is a visual along with how to set up PS.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

VIP

All well and good advise but if you don't have the monitor steps I suggested, you can forget the PS and My Printer settings.  Do the monitor stuff first!

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, along with, a lot of other stuff.
Occasional Contributor

I recently purchased this printer and find that the photos appear too dark and not as sharp. I have spoken to 5 tech support people at Canon and still have the problem. I may have to sell it on ebay.

Occasional Contributor

I was told by Canon tech support to let the printer control the color settings instead of Photoshop. I couldn't figure out how to stop printer controlling colors so couldn't switch to Photoshop CS5. Help!

Esteemed Contributor

See this.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6982i6FA3D13B4B9AF7A3/image-size/origina...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

How do I disable the printer controlling colors?