cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Jams - printing on fabric

oh2sew
Apprentice

I am trying to print on fabric - with the fabric adhered to wax paper.  I have tried this in the past and got a few pages to work.  However now, it either jams or tells me to insert the paper.  If I use the rear feed, the paper/fabric gets pulled in a couple of inches - but at an angle, then jams.  If I use the manual feed, it doesn't even recognize that the paper is there.  I get the message to insert the paper.

I was told by Canon that it could print on fabric ("it can print on about anything" is what I was told).  but now all I can print on is regular printer paper.

I have tried selecting Canvas, different papers, etc.  I've removed and reinstalled the driver and am using the USB port.  Nothing seems to work.

I purposely purchased this printer so the fabric would have a straight feed.

I am printing from a PDF file and am following the instructions given...  https://lindafranz.com/section/how-to-print-on-fabric/92  as well as https://thegraphicsfairy.com/print-fabric-freezer-paper-method-2/

Has anyone ever tried to print on fabric or have any suggestions I may try?

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes. Special steps for canvas. If you don’t already have it, download the Online Printer Manual from the Canon website. It is an excellent searchable resource.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes. Special steps for canvas. If you don’t already have it, download the Online Printer Manual from the Canon website. It is an excellent searchable resource.

On my Windows PC I get popups that describe the steps to take when the yellow light blinks.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Kathleen4you
Apprentice
How do you find the canvas setting?

Welcome to the forum.

In the printer driver - you select the media type.

Screenshot 2020-12-20 144730.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements