cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 Group 2 inks not printing at all.

ahmadka
Contributor

Hi guys. I bought a PRO-100 off a person yesterday. The said person had the printer for over a year but never used it. All the orange tapes on the printer were still on, and the cartridges were sealed.

However when I setup the PRO-100, in the nozzle check only Group 1 colors are printing. None of the Group 2 colors are printing at all. I'm not sure why. I did cleaning and deep cleaning, but it didn't help at all. I also took out all the ink cartridges and the print head, and re-seated it. Still not difference.

Is the printer busted, or is the print head busted, or something else ?

One more thing. When I got the printer, the previous owner had ripped opened the aluminum packaging of the print head, although its orange plastic seal was still on. She said she opened the aluminum packaging an hour or so before I collected the printer from her.

See attached picture of the nozzle check result.

2019-09-19 21.55.12.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Something seems off to me. Why would the person have the printer sit there for a year, not touch anything, and then an hour before you are to pick it up she opens the packaging for the head?

What does the nozzle ceck say for number of pages?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I think you mean the thing printed below the nozzle check pattern right ?

It says:

1-50 Pages

Ver. 2.001

I actually contacted her about this issue and she apologized. She says she will come by in a few days and take the printer back if I can't get it to work, and refund me my money. Let's see.

But for now, can I fix/diagnose this issue ?

You performed all the correct troubleshooting by reseating the head and verifying that the cartridges were properly seated. 

Very possible that the printer is defective. There are a number of web postings about Group 2 problems.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Okay so the seller of the printer returned all my money, while also letting me keep the printer .. So basically I now have a virtually brand new PIXMA PRO-100 for free, except that its Group 2 isn't printing ..

Besides re-seating the print head, can I try something else to try and get Group 2 to print ?

Because I got the printer for free, I don't mind trying something a bit more risky ..

Announcements