cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 10 keep jamming 4x6 paper

DeltaD
Apprentice

This printer doesn't get used very often. Only printed about 100 photos of mixed 4x6 and 5x7.

The 5x7 never jam but now the 4x6 jam every single time, it's so frustrating! I tried putting in 1 at a time, tried putting in a stack, full capacity, but nothing works.

It's always jammed half way in (where it's still sticking halfway out from resting position)

what could it possible be? I'm using the rear (slanted) tray.

Please advise. Tried searching but didn't find any similar problems/solutions

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have a top feed like the PRO-100?  I use that feed for 4x6 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

yes, it's the top feed that jam. the back feed looks like it's only for 5x7 or bigger

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Try a roller cleaning. Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ehbob85
Apprentice

I had the same issue and it drove me nuts for several hours as I was cleaning the ink heads, the rollers, etc.  I was using the 4x6 Canon Pro Platinum Paper and it would keep jamming, same problem you had.  I finally decided to just try setting the paper type as something else, in my case I chose "Photo Paper Plus Glossy II" and miraculously it started working.  I'd try some other paper type even if it isn't the one you bought to see if it'll feed.

Good luck!

I had the same issue.  Bothered me for 1.5 years.  4x6s fed properly only 1/10 times.  Larger sizes worked 10/10.  Finally I called 1-800-OK-CANON.  After a 50 minute call, Canon was amzingly gracious and extended my warrenty for free and shipped me a new Pixama Pro-10.  Now everything WORKS!  I can print a whole stack of 4x6s all at once.  I'm kicking myself for not calling support earlier and instead messing with drivers and paper options and cleaning and alignments.  Support was amazing.  Just call.  Maybe it's just broken.

Announcements