cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-4000 compressing prints?

photok
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pro-4000 and I am printing a 42"x42" image onto 44" roll paper, but when the image is printed it is coming out at 41.75" high, compressing (not cropping) the image by a quarter inch. I didn't notice the problem until I took an image to be framed and it didn't fit the premade frame.

I'm using Photoshop CC 2018 (since the 2019 version isn't supported by Canon yet) and Canon Print Studio Pro, with a 2017 Macbook Pro running OS 10.14.1.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions for a solution? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

PSP 2.2.23 works fine with latest PS (version 20).

You need to manually install PSP into the plugin folder. Just copy from PS2018.

What paper are you using; is there an imposed margin like there is with my Pro-100 and sheet paper?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm using 44" roll paper. I've attached a photo of my settings, hopefully that will help.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 5.24.43 PM.png

Thanks for the tip on getting PSP working in the latest Photoshop!

I went through this on my PRO-4000. It places a 1/8" white border around the print for a total of 1/4" in width and height. So, for example, if you'd specify a paper size of 8x10, it will print the image at 7-3/4" x 9-3/4", with a 1/8" white border around it. To get around this, you have to specify a paper size that's 1/4" larger in both dimensions. So, if I want the image print to be exactly 8"X10", I specify a custom paper size of 8.25" x 10.25" inch. Does that help? I print directly from Photoshop, not PSP. But this solved the problem for me: an extra 1/4" in both dimensions.

---
Neil
Indigo Image Lab, Inc.

ClaraNotClaire
Apprentice
I'm having the same problem with a mylar from LexJet. The Canon reps want us to try calibrating and printing with one of their products before coming out to check possible parts to replace (which I'm about to try). Have you been able to find a resolution?

I have not found a solution yet unfortunately. I haven't printed in a couple of months so maybe Canon has addressed it but don't hold your breath. 

ClaraNotClaire
Apprentice
Sorry to hear it, I'll let you know what we come up with. We had a similar problem with our Canon ipf8300 but the people who were in charge of that had to make a new special setting for the paper (that worked well when the printer was warm, but would still print short when cold)
Announcements