cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO 100

allexa-0617
Apprentice

After reading many comments about the Pixma Pro 100, I purchased one for printing my greeting card collection.  My NEW printer was setup one week ago. I need suggestions for printing borderless scored greeting cards, folded size is 5x7.

In the page setup, I selected 8x10 paper size and the page margins 10.75x7 (wxl).  When the card prints, it is almost perfect except for the white space at right margin. 

How do I get the full borderless printed on the right side too. Thanks for your help!!

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In order to print borderless the printer oversprays the paper. To avoid getting ink all over the insides of the printer there are collection sponges; those sponges are only at set locations based on the standard paper sizes that Canon has designed the printer for.

You could try increasing the width of your image slightly. It will be a trial and error process, since your actual paper size is 7x10.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

It appears you are very knowledgable about the Canon Pixma Pro-100, and I am in the processing of buying one, thus I would like to ask for your opinion of the Pro-100 vs Pro-10. Is the Pro-10 worht the extra cash? Also, I assumed both printers would have the same overspray issue when it come to printing borderless?

Much thanks,

LV

Primary difference between Pro-100 and Pro-10 is the ink type.

Pro-100 is dye ink and Pro-10 is pigment ink.

If you will be doing a lot of black and white printing pigment ink is superior. If you will be printing images where long term life is important pigment ink is superior. Pigment ink is much more likely to clog the print head, so frequent printing is important.

For color printing and hobbyist printing I don't think you can beat the Pro-100. Color prints are outstanding. It is possible to get good B&W but paper selection is very critical.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you. Hopefully, I can get my hand on a Pixma Pro-100 for $50 tomorrow. Buying from a Craiglister. Brand new.

Cheers,

LV

A word of caution about printers on Craigslist. 

Canon frequently runs rebate programs where the net cost of the printer is about $100 or so. 

People buy them and then remove the ink and sometimes even the print heads. A complete set of inks is about $130. 

Be be sure the printer has everything in the box. 

B&H Photo is currently running the rebate.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

Thank you for the advice. FYI. I bought it and validated everything came with the printer, sealed ink set, sealed printed head, sealed box, and sealed box of printing 13x`9 Luster papers.

My only worry is the owner had the printer for a couple of years and never used it. Obviously, the warranty would have expired by now. And how the printer been stored. Per my understanding, it has been sitting in the owner's bedroom all these years, hopefully, it's not too hot or too cold.

Thanks,

Lim

Sounds like you got a great deal.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Now, all I need is to figure out how to configure the printer so that it will print what I want and no issues.

Thank you for your help!

LV

What computer operating system and photo software do you use?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements