cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink cartridge stuck in Cannon Pro-1000

nmiklosic
Apprentice

I am unable to eject the PM ink cartrige from my Cannon Pro-1000 printer to change out the ink. The pop to release seems jammed and I see a way to fix it. Can anyone help? 

55 REPLIES 55

So, Anadrol, your printer is working 'perfectly'...just so long as you've got an oversized pair of pliers to wrench stuck cartridges out?? Hello??

That's not what I would call a perfectly working professional printer at the very top end of the price range. That's what I would call a printer with a fundamental design fault.

it's high time Canon put their hands up over this, admitted there's a problem, compensate those like me who have paid dearly for their design fault, redesign the mechanism and replace all those with this dud printer with one that's fit for purpose.

Of course they could do it if they wanted to, but sadly it will probably take consumer pressure to make them do it.

Come on Canon, where are you?

Jobetim I 100% agree with you.

I said that my printer is working perfectly as an answer to CanonInkMillion who asked "Does the printer continue to function normally?"

Of course it's shameful to start with, that the Canon engineers did find such a stupid and unreliable system !

I wonder something, did any of you move the printer before this problem ?

Because I did move mine to an other room, and I didn't use the printer over one year too, so not sure what is the cause.

I believe that Canon should send a set of free ink and custom made pliers, the ink is worth 500€ (maybe costs them 50€ to produce), that's a fair settlement, if the printer is out of warranty.

If the printer is still in warranty it should be replaced.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, nmiklosic.

If you are having a problem releasing the ink tank and the printer is asking to replace it, that will usually mean the printer needs service. If the tanks does not come out, it will usually mean the realse is jammed or damaged.

The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Hi Hector,

As you're a 'Canon Product Expert', am I to understand that you're on this forum as a representative of Canon? If so, you're very welcome!

if you would kindly confirm your status, that would be great.

Best wishes,

Jobetim.

Mjs
Apprentice

Hi everyone, I was despairing when this happened to me. Blue cartridge had stuck in printer 4 years old. Having read all the advice on the forum I didn't bother ringing canon, but went round to my neighbour and borrowed various kitchen tools, not having any pliers or tongs myself. 4th time lucky with some serrated tongs I managed to dislodge the cartridge successfully. So do not give up on your printer too soon, 

Hattman
Contributor
Well, since you are still only able to pull the cartridges “straight out” I believe the risk of damage/leakage is quite low unless you start jiggling the cartridge excessively. The ejection-springs seems to have fallen out of place already when the cartridge is stuck so they don’t seem to be engaged at all once it has happend. So the cartridge in my experience does not affect the system once it has broken

I am becoming increasingly bemused by this thread...it seems that we have somehow arrived at a position where it has become both normal and acceptable that removing jammed cartridges with various tools from the garden shed is perfectly OK in a top-of-the-range professional A2 printer, positioning itself as the 'state-of-the-art'; when surely we should collectively be rounding on Canon to address this design fault, and to compensate its customers for putting us though all this misery?

Canon must be delighted.

For what it's worth, just saw this on Ugly Hedge Hog:

Printer problem solved/Long live Canon (uglyhedgehog.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John,

That is interesting. Canon should now immediately release the serial numbers of the printers affected, and arrange swop outs with those who have been affected by this manufacturing fault.

Announcements