Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Ink cartridge stuck in Cannon Pro-1000

I am unable to eject the PM ink cartrige from my Cannon Pro-1000 printer to change out the ink. The pop to release seems jammed and I see a way to fix it. Can anyone help? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ink cartridge stuck in Cannon Pro-1000

Give canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Product Expert

Hi nmiklosic,

I agree with jrhoffman75, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance. You will have the option to speak to one of our phone or live chat agents.

Contact Us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

New Contributor

The same thing has happened to me - a single cartridge (Chroma Opimiser - CO) is stuck, and won’t come out. 

I was wondering if there is a DIY fix for this, or whether I need to try to get an engineer out to fix it, which will be very expensive, because it’s out of warranty...

Canon UK took me through all the various ‘switch off / on’ options to no avail - it seems it’s a mechanical issue. Grrrr....

Jobetim

New Contributor

Hi ArthurJ,
I recently experienced the same stuck cartridge issue on my Pro-1000 and contacted the support group. However, there was no clear answer to the problem. Are you aware how the other reports were resolved? Customer support did not appear to have any records on this issue.
Cheers,
Dragon44
Product Expert

Hi Dragon44,

Ink cartridges being stuck in the Pro-1000 series printers is not a common occurrence, but it may happen for various reason. That's why we recommend customers call and talk to one of our technical support representatives. I can not say if the previous cases were resolved or required repaired.

New Contributor

I posted earlier on this. A Canon engineer visited last week, and confirmed what I already knew - the CO cartridge was stuck. After a lot of pushing and wiggling, he finally got it freed, but then it wouldn’t click back in again. The cartridge next door (Blue) was also stuck. The engineer advised me that any repair would mean a strip-down of the printer, from the top down, involving several hours of labour, which made it uneconomic to repair. And, it’s out of warranty, of course...He told me he had not seen this problem before, so just my bad luck eh? So, a top-of-the-range professional printer, costing about £1000 (I’m in London) and used only lightly as an amateur, is now scrap; simply because the cartridge mechanism failed; with a total of about 3 ink exchanges only. Now I have to make a decision about whether to buy another Pro-1000, or go to Epson. Not happy.