cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX5020 just prints black

dirtyheads007
Apprentice

So I've been out of town for about 3 months and upon printing a color photo my printer GX5020 just prints it in black and white. 

I tried some deep cleans to no avail and now I'm getting a maintenance cartridge full when I try to do more deep cleans. I noticed that there appears to be no ink or just very little in the rubber hoses from the tanks to the print head. 

I've ordered a head cleaning kit - syringe and some cleaning fluid, and will try to flush out the print head but one would think the color lines would still have ink in them? I will also order a new maintenance cartridge but I swear I changed it a while a go. Taking out the maintenance  cartridge shows no signs of it being full. Assume it would reset automatically when a new one is inserted. 

Seem like I am on the road to inkjet hell again. this happens to my old cannon inkjet printers when I went away, it happened every year to all of them!! I even ended up running a script that printed out a page of color every so often wheel away! 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements