cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICC Profile for Canon Pro Premium Matte Paper?

Brookie
Contributor

I am using a Mac with Catalina OS and printing from Lightroom (LR) on a Pixma Pro 10. Because I am on Catalina and Canon seems uninterested in updating Print Studio Pro to be compatible with Catalina I must manage my printing from LR. 

When I go to the print module in LR and try to select the proper paper profile for Premium Matte all I see is the profile "2/3 Matte Photo Paper".  I do not see a profile for Canon Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte paper.  Please direct me to where I can find the proper profile for Premium Matte paper and get it into my paper profile menu in LR. 

Thank you, 

Dave 

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum Brookie. I will try to assist you.

1. have you updated your printer driver to the latest version from the Canon support site?

2. When you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you see the IJ Series version of your printer or the AirPrint version? If you don't see the IJ Series click the + button and wait for the IJ Series version to appear - it could take a few minutes.

3. Are you having printer manage color or Lightroom manage color?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John, 

Thanks for your reply. 

1 - I am pretty sure I did have the latest driver as I just got the printer in December. In any case, to be sure, I did reload the driver today and can confirm I am using Ver.16.40.1.0. I was able to find the proper profile after loading the driver so, perhaps I did have an older driver before. 

2 - I actually don't see that the IJ driver is specified when I look at system preferences. Regardless, when I reloaded the driver the IJ version was indicated. Also, I have always been printing via USB cable, not air print. So I think I have been OK all along as far as that goes. 

3 - Who is managing color?  OK, I am a rookie at digital printing and this is a point I am a bit confused by. In the LR Print module under Color Management I am selecting the paper profile. I believe I read somewhere that when you do this you are automatically determining that LR is managing color. BUT, I also get an information message that says "When selecting a custom profile, remember to turn off color management in the Print dialog."  What confuses me is - I don't see where to do that...  I'm probably being dense, but if you can point me in the right direction for that it would be great! 

Thanks for your help, 

Dave 

Since you are on a Mac the color management is automatically turned off (set to the correct setting). I'll post a screen shot later.

AirPrint is a driver, so even if you are connected by USB the AirPrint driver could be the one that is installed. But it sounds like you are all set. I'll post a second screen shot so you can compare against your setup.

Print 2020-02-07 22-55-58.jpg

Printers & Scanners 2020-02-07 22-58-05.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John, 

Yes, that is exactly what I see. I gather that the comment about turning off color management when using a custom profile can just be ignored. Since on a Mac LR automatically manages color as soon as you select a profile there is nothing to turn off, right? 

Oddly enough, last night I updated both Catalina and PS. Now when I go to soft print or print in LR none of the Canon paper profiles appear in the drop down menu. And when I select other to search for them they aren't there. I suppose I should try reloading the printer driver again. Aarrrrggggghhhh!!!!  Any other suggestions on your end? 

Thanks so much for your help! 

If you select "Other" in the LR Profile selector you should see all of the ICC profiles in the computer and you can select which ones LR will show. I have also found the LR "forgets" and I have to repeat the process.

Annotation 2020-02-08 162649.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the reply John. 

I should have capitalized "other" in my note above, as you probably missed my comment - when I go to Other under profile selection in either Develop or Print modules there are no Canon paper profiles, they are all missing, not just the two that I have previously used, all of them are missing. Yet they are included as part of the printer driver - seems odd. All of the Hahnemühle and Red River profiles that I have loaded, however, are still present. It is just the Canon paper profiles that are missing. 

Any suggestions other than reloading the driver again?  Thanks again for your help! 

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Yes, reload the driver again. That should take care of it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Well, I actually tried a couple times and ended up having to uninstall the driver then reinstall it. But, the Canon papers ultimately reappeared. 

Thanks for your helpful suggestions John! 

Announcements