cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 : Print quality in Printer Features on macOS

jackygag
Contributor

Hi,

I'm little confused about print quality vs paper type (yes, the documentation from Canon is really, really bad).

For the Canon Matte paper I use the profile ID Canon PRO-100 series MPN2.icc. I know the 2 in the name of the profile is for Level 2 - High quality, but in the printer driver configuration (see Printer Features) I have these five options: Super Fine, Fine, Normal Fine, Normal Fast and Fast.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 11.31.32 AM.png

Is level 2 is for Fine or Normal Fine (because I only know 3 levels of quality: 1, 2 and 3)?

Is there a good documentation somewhere about the driver configuration of the Pixma Pro-100 on Mac?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you sure you have the real Canon driver installed and not an Apple driver? I have never seen the screen you are posting. My printer is connected via WiFi and my printer name is different.

Printers & Scanners 2020-02-09 15-46-25.jpg

What software is showing you that printer window?

Have you downloaded the latest driver from the Canon support site?

Annotation 2020-02-09 153801.jpg

Go to System Preferences-Printers & Scanners and click the + button. Wait for a while - could be a minute or two - until the Canon IJ Seriies driver appears. Select that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, it is the last driver and it's not the bonjour one. I'm on 10.14 and many things have changed on the print side on macOS. For the name, it's a custom one.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 3.44.03 PM.png

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements