cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greeting Card Printing - PIXMA Pro 100

Naturalpix
Apprentice

In need of some help!

I have built a greeting card on photoshop. It's 7x5 so the paper itself is 7x10.

The closest I have got is printing through PS (via the Canon Print screens) using a custom paper size but this automatically adds a boarder which is an issue. Once side of the card is a photo. If I select Boardless, I lose the custom paper size option.

I have today tried using My Image Garden Card Templates but have found that there is not a blank version. The two that have the right fold, have parts that you cannot change. You also cannot select the correct paper size.

There has to be a way round this! This printer has cost us hundreds of £s! Its a professional one & I am sure professionals print 7x5 cards!

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. 
Thanks loads.

22 REPLIES 22

If you use the Red River 7x10 template for Lightroom you get an image that is 6.75x4.75 - not truly borderless, but if placed in any 5x7 picture frame I have used the 1/8 border is covered.

If someone wants to place it in a frameless lucite picture holder, as ebiggs1 says, use a trimmer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Very good to know - thanks!

Hey Loric,

You cannot print on the 5x7 cards (ie: on 7x10 card). Well you can using PS and by making a canvas size that's acceptable to the 100 but it chucks black ink all over the place or ends just before the edge of the card where is senses the edge.

As another person has posted, we have opted for the paper trimmer route. So we now print 5x5 square cards onto A4 and guillotine the unwanted card away.

As for prints on 7x5 paper, it works amazing and is no trouble at all. Its only when you want a paper size borderless that isn't on their very small option list, that you will have trouble.

Drop me a note if you get stuck as we have mastered it now.

🙂

Thank you so much for your reply!

berentsen
Apprentice

There is a workaround for this problem ... the 10x7 card stock I have feeds through the printer folded using 5x7 paper size. I've only tried a few ... and feed one card at a time, but it seems to work

Thanks for the tip.  I will try it.

Bailey1
Apprentice

I have discussed bordless printing with Canon, Red River Papers regarding  a print size of 5x7. Finally I called B & H Photo in New York. We went through the whole process of borderless printing of 5x7 greeting cards while the followed on a Canon Pro 100. They were not aware this was an issue. However they are going to meet with the Canon reps when they come in, which is frequently. B & H indicated this problem should not exist and Canon should take the necessary steps to correct it.

They indicated it should be a simple process to to create a download for the Pro 100, 10 and 1 which allows for 5x7 printing with A7 or 10x7 stock paper. Canon has stopped talking to me about this issue. Maybe a large retailer of their products will have better luck. Keep you posted.  

Amazing to me that Canon seems unwillling to develop a patch to download so that one can do borderless printing on 7 x 10 size paper with Pro 10 and Pro 100 papers. I have generally admired Canon printers, but this problem could motivate me to explore Epson, HP and other options. If I have to go that route to find a solutiont, it will certainly sour me on all Canon products.

Hey there! 

Any word from Canon/B&H to follow up on this issue?
I'm honestly pretty shocked that this hasn't been resolved. I never would have purchased my Pro-100 had I known this would be an issue! We all know it's a big time-waste to have to trim each card.

Hoping they'll make this right!

Hi,

Hoping this solution will work.  Please let us know if you hear of a patch.

k

Announcements