cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen color Does not match printer colors

barrisster
Contributor

I use a Pixma Pro-100 with Lightroom 6.  When I print the colors do not match what I see on the screen.  For example faces re much redded printed than when I see them on the screen.  Blues are darker.

I have calibrated my screen (Apple) using Color Munki and I put the paper profiles into the printer information.  This occurs with different papers.   I recently downloaded the lates Canon Driver for the printer, without any change in the outcome

16 REPLIES 16

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See this article; print the test image and see how it looks.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

What software are you using to print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I printed the test picture.  It appears to mimic the test photo.  So, I must assume the printer is OK.  Nevertheless, my faces in Lightroom are redder than the screen.  

I downloaded the latest driver and firm ware for the printer.  I also recalibrated using the Colormunkie to no avail  I use lightroom to print.  Any ideas?  Obviously, I am dong something wrong in lightroom, but can't figure out what.  Thanks for any help.

Bruce

When you say redder in lightroom do you mean when you print from lightroom, or redder on the screen then when you see them printed on paper?

How do the faces on tne four children look on paper and on screen?

Did yopu try printing from LR using the Canon Print Studio Pro software?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The printed phot matches the screen.  I printed using Mac's Preview program.  That is why I think I am doing something wrong in Lightroom.  The Canon Print Studio plug in is on for the Pro-1 and Pro-10 printers.  Is there a compatible one for the Pro-100.

Bruce

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes there is. I don't know that it's different for Pro-100. Go to printer support site and download. Same site where you get printer driver.

Also, check your printer in Printers and Scanners section of Mac Preferences. You don't want the Bonjour version. Click the plus symbol to add a printer and wait for the IJ version to show up. Could take a few minutes.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I've worked with a number of folks on the forum with Pro-100 printing issues. On a Mac the main issues have been:

1. Using Apple driver and not the driver from the Canon website. 

2. Using Bonjour version of printer instead of IJ version. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, sorry for the delay in responding.  Some other issues arose.  Thank you for your help.

Were yoiu able to get things working properly?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I was unable to locate the style of the printer driver, bon jour, etc.  I did down load the Canon Driver for light room but without any really change.  The faces i print are still too red.

Thanks for your help

Announcements