cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color misalignment, Canon IPF8100

Justanto_w
Apprentice

My canon IPF 8100 print out is very blurry.  Warm colors like magenta are shifted / misaligned to the right thus give a kind of double images. Initially the color shift was by about 8 pixels, after i cleaned the encoder strip the print result improved.  Now the color shift  is only about 2-4 pixels. Not that noticable in big print, but on smaller print size  the color shift is still noticeable.

I tried to do head adjustment, but it failed and gave me an error 03800500-2F2F

Then, I tried to clean the Head Management sensor.   I have opened the cover but don't know where the Head Management sensors is/are.

Please help.  Can someone show me where this Head Management sensor is located at? and how to clean it? and if this is the correct way to solve the color Misalignment problem.

Regards, Justanto

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/812145/Canon-Ipf8000-Series.html?page=154

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the input John.  I have compared the picture with my printer and it doesn't looked the same.  Can you point out in My attached picture which one is the sensor?  thank you.DSC_0088[1].JPG

I don't know. I just googled that info to see if it would help you. Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the respond John. 

i found the head management sensor by accident when i moved the printer noozle carriage.  The head management sensor is right underneath it.  I choose cutter replacement task to get the printer to move the carriage onto the center, out of the way so i can reach the head management sensor.

Announcements