cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does the PRO 100 does such a bad job printing on card stock or water color paper?

rubiera
Contributor

I used to have a i9900 which printer beautiful on card stock, water color paper prety much on anything and never had a problem until it died. Just bought a PRO 100 and i have wasted lots of card stock an ink trying to get it to match something I printed with the i9900. The blacks simply are not there. It looks perfect on photo paper but in regular card stock or water color paper the blacks are to pure black more like 70 or 80%.

Does anybody knows how to solve this problem I bought the printer to print art not photos which is what I used the I9900 the most for. I try printing straight from Photoshop and from Print Studio Pro. It just has not worked and I don't know what else to do.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

are you using the correct media type and icc profile for your paper?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have tried almost every icc profile. Since the paper I am using is non photo paper Strathmore water color paper there is no icc for that. but my i9900 had no trouble printing on it. The proble is that the black lines of the drawing are not really black more like gray so the work lacks the contrast that the i9900 gave me. I have tried increasing contrast, darkening the blacks increase saturation every thing I can think of to make it print snapier but to no avail. Again printing in photo paper, I tested with luster paper, looks great but that is not what I am going for.  I want art reproductions and not wanting to sound like a broken record the i9900 was incredible at. I used it for 10 years suddenly it started saying no print head installed, after looking into that on line I decide to buy the PRO 100.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Are you choosing a matte paper media type when you go to print? What printer settings are you using?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements