cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greeting Card Printing - PIXMA Pro 100

Naturalpix
Apprentice

In need of some help!

I have built a greeting card on photoshop. It's 7x5 so the paper itself is 7x10.

The closest I have got is printing through PS (via the Canon Print screens) using a custom paper size but this automatically adds a boarder which is an issue. Once side of the card is a photo. If I select Boardless, I lose the custom paper size option.

I have today tried using My Image Garden Card Templates but have found that there is not a blank version. The two that have the right fold, have parts that you cannot change. You also cannot select the correct paper size.

There has to be a way round this! This printer has cost us hundreds of £s! Its a professional one & I am sure professionals print 7x5 cards!

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. 
Thanks loads.

22 REPLIES 22

kh6974
Apprentice

I bought this printer because I saw it recommended as being able to print borderless on 5 x 7, and I saw that it could print custom 7 x10 paper.  I have 300 card templates created in photoshop. I tried every manipulation I could think of with no good results.  Called Canon.  No refund.  No exchange to a different printer.  I have been able to use a manipulation on the Epson Artisan 50, and the Canon Pixma 9000.  Both are gone now, and replaced with printers unable to accommodate my needs.  Does anyone know of another printer that can be manipulated to print 5 x 7 borderless on 7 x 10 paper.  And please, don't tell me it can't be done.  I've been doing this for 7 years successfully.  Thanks in advance for your product info and knowledge.

I just happened upon this forum. I too was disappointed about Canon's Pro100 borderless limitation. Here's how I get my 7 X 10 greeting cards to print borderless: I set the paper in print settings at 8 X 10, and guides on printer at 8 X 10. I put my 7 X 10 greeting card paper in the middle of the printer guides, and I get bordeless printing. Hope that works for you.

If you disable the detect page width option could you close the guides o the 7 inch width?Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements