cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 Blue printing Purple. Help

Canonphotog
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon Pixma Pro 100 and I am having problems with colour matching, specifically, Blue is coming out purple.  I have a spyder express and have colour corrected my monitor.  I had a problem earlier with everything going yellow, but I have it very close with Print Studio Pro pluggin with lightroom.  Here are my settings and the specific screenshot. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Thanks,Screenshot (105).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you run a nozzle check?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download and print this test image. 

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Does it it look OK?

Instead of PRO Mode use ICC profile selection. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for the link.  I printed it out, however I had the same problem with Blue appearing to be purple.  It's like Blue is non existent.  There is only a pseudo blue but nothing in terms of a deep blue.  For example, the sky is gray and purple.  It's a brand new printer and should be quite straight forward.  I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers.  I have to call the Canon Tech, but whats really odd is that everything else looks good except it is not able to distinguish Blue from Purple.  Even with ICC Profiling, nothing changes.

Not sure what else to do... Thanks,purple instead of blue.jpgScreenshot (107).pngPurple not blue throughout.jpg

Have you run a nozzle check?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thankyou jrhoffman75.  Yes, indeed it had a blockage.  The Cyan was blocked. It took two deep cleanings to unclog the head.  Very expensive issue, but im glad it worked.  I think next time I prior to trusting a printer (even a brand new one) I will do a system check.  It wouldv'e saved me 30 sheets of paper and all the ink as well.  But, I am just glad that all is well.  Thanks Again 🙂

Announcements