cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Pixma Pro-100 runny, wet prints

mitch236
Contributor

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I just set up my brand new Pro-100 printers using Canon ink and paper and the prints are coming out very wet and runny.  I print from Lightroom.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks everybody.  I tried a different paper and that solved the issue so either I was printing the wrong side of the first paper (since it doesn't have a watermark on the back) or the paper is the issue.  I would bet I was printing on the wrong side.

Thanks again, all is well!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Glad all is well now. You should be very pleased with the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Joe,

Great news.  It is a fantastic printer.  It is my third one in this series.  I have the 9000, the 9500 and a Pro-100.

I still use all three but the 9X00 versions are being used less and less.

EB

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you. I have been looking for a photo printer that will give me nice prints.
Joe

After reading these comments. Im a bit worried. The first time I put a print in (today) it was blurry. I realized right away I used the wrong side of the paper and the second and third prints came out fine. But Im wondering if on day 1 I screwed up the printer's insides..Please give me your opinion on that (not that I can do much about it now). Did the original poster find that her (?) printer life was limited due to the original wet prints?  Thanks.

"But Im wondering if on day 1 I screwed up the printer's insides..."

The worse thing would be contaminated print rollers and paper handling parts.  But it will dry...in time or you can clean them if necessary.

EB

Print Quality should be "Standard".

EB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Not to worry. You didn't damage your printer.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements