cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Pixma Pro-100 runny, wet prints

mitch236
Contributor

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I just set up my brand new Pro-100 printers using Canon ink and paper and the prints are coming out very wet and runny.  I print from Lightroom.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks everybody.  I tried a different paper and that solved the issue so either I was printing the wrong side of the first paper (since it doesn't have a watermark on the back) or the paper is the issue.  I would bet I was printing on the wrong side.

Thanks again, all is well!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello Mitch236!

Thank you for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you may be using the incorrect paper profile.

What paper are you using and how are you printing?

Did you tru installing and using Print Studio Pro?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

bobphill
Apprentice

Its probably a daft comment on my part .. but are you sure you're printing on the correct printing side of the paper.

Sorry for not being clear. No, the proper paper profile. Different papers absorb ink diffferently so the printer adjusts how much to lay down.

Capture.JPG

Media Type in the printer driver selects the appropriate paper profile.

Does it print OK in other software?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Not a daft comment at all!  After seeing it, THAT was my problem. Just set up my new printer, used Canon and Kodak paper, Canon has nothing on the backside, and Kodak does....LOL  DUH! Have to pay attention!  Thanks!

If you are unsure of te print side wet a finger tip and touch a corner of the apaer. The print side will be tacky.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I came on here with runny print from my printer. Your suugestion made me go and look , and yes, I had put the paper in the wrong way round. Thank you.

Welcome Tom. here's a hint: wet a fingertip and touch a corner of the paper. The print side will be tacky to the touch.

Enjoy - its a great printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Mitch, "I'm sure I'm doing something wrong ..."

I hate to have to tell you this but I think you are correct.  You have something set wrong or for the wrong paper.

Plus if the prints are tryly wet when they come out of the printer, your rollers are going to get contaminated.  Just compounding your problem.

Go back and check everything.  Even have somebody go over it with you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements