cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro - Problem Starting from Lightroom

PaulLG
Apprentice

I am having problems starting Print Studio Pro (PSP) as a plug-in to Adobe Lightroom Classic (ALC). I can download and install PSP without any problems or errors being displayed and I can install it as a plug-in to ALC without any errors. However, when I try to launch PSP from ALC I get the following error: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Canon\Print Studio Pro\CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin\CNPSPOPN.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I tried unplugging PSP from ALC, uninstalling PSP, redownloading PSP (in one case I downloaded it from the alternate Hong Kong site), installing PSP, and plugging in PSP to ALC several times without success. I even restarted windows after installing PSP in one case. It didn't help.

I did check to see if PSP was installed at the location mentioned in the error dialog and it was; however, the CNPSPOPN.exe executable file was not in the CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin subdirectory. It was in the next directory up: C:\Program Files\Canon\Print Studio Pro.

My system particulars:
Lightroom Classic: 11.3 Release/Camera Raw 14.3/Build 202204051513-7a25c809
Print Studio Pro: 2.2.3
Windows 11: 21H2 (OS Build 22000.613)

Anyone with pointers on resolving my problem would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

PaulLG
Apprentice

I have found my solution after researching a couple of non Canon blogs.  What I found is the installation instructions from Canon are woefully lacking and each of the solutions recommended in the blogs where lacking in different areas.  I put together an amalgam of correct steps to get me to the solution that works: 

How to Install Canon Print Studio Pro in Lightroom Classic on a Windows Machine

1. Download Canon Print Studio Pro

https://www.canon.com.cy/printers/inkjet/pixma/software/print-studio-pro/   or

https://hk.canon/en/support/0200493210

1. Execute the downloaded .exe file (e.g. the 2.2.3 version file is psp_-win-2_2_3-ea10_3.exe) and let it install to its default location but MAKE NOTE of where that is as you’ll need it in the next step.
  2. Go to that installed folder and execute either PSETUP.EXE or PSETUP2.EXE
  3. If you only have Lightroom installed, you will get a warning that Photoshop needs to be installed.  Ignore the warning and click Next.
  4. The next dialog requires two entries:
    1. You need to select the folder where PSETUP will put its files.  Some say to put it in the Modules folder under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic; however, it would not let me put it there.  I put it in the following Modules folder:  C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules.  I did have to create a Modules folder there as there was not an existing one.
    2. Select Lightroom under Compatible Application
  5. Click the Next button after making your two entries.
  6. Click the OK button on the resulting Completion dialog
  7. This will bring you back to the prior two question dialog.  Click the Exit button.
  8. The installation is now complete.  Next is linking Studio Pro into Lightroom as a plug-in

Linking as Plug-In in Lightroom

1. Start Lightroom
  2. Under File, go to Plug-In Manager
  3. Click the Add button
  4. In the resulting File Explorer dialog navigate to the C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules where PSETUP put its files and select the CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin folder.
  5. Back in the Plug-In Manager dialog, Canon Print Studio Pro should show up in the left-hand Plug-In list.  It will likely say it is disabled. 
  6. Click on it to highlight it if it is not highlighted already.  In the right-hand Status window click the Enable button.
  7. Print Studio Pro is now installed and plugged into Lightroom
  8. To check it out in Lightroom, select an image in the Library module and go to Plug-in Extras under File menu. Canon Print Studio Pro should show up as a selection
  9. Select it to activate it and after a few seconds, the Print Studio Pro dialog should show.

I have a new Canon Pro-300 on a Mac Pro M1 MacBook.   When I try to use Print Studio Pro from Lightroom Class, it throws an error saying that my Pro-300 is not supported.  

Has anyone else had this problem?  How can it be corrected?

Thanks,

Dan.

p.s. Using the standard Lightroom print utility, it prints fine.

@Bookemdanno wrote:

I have a new Canon Pro-300 on a Mac Pro M1 MacBook.   When I try to use Print Studio Pro from Lightroom Class, it throws an error saying that my Pro-300 is not supported.  

Has anyone else had this problem?  How can it be corrected?

Thanks,

Dan.

p.s. Using the standard Lightroom print utility, it prints fine.

For the Pro-300 you should download Professional Print & Layout. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John.  I'll give that a try.

John,

PPL is installed.  However, when I try to use the stand-alone or plugin versions of PPL, it does not see my Pro-300 when I click "Find Printer" in the "Add Printer" window.  What's worse is that the app closes immediately if you don't add a printer.   Catch 22.

I sincerely hope Canon understands how badly this reflects on Canon and its products.

Regards,

Dan. 

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

Thanks, I'll give them a call.  

FYI, I was able to get the Media Configuration Tool to work after setting up the Pro-300 to use WiFi to connect to my network.  PPL STILL does not work.

Regards,

Dan

I spent over an hour with Canon Support.   Barbara gave it her all, but nothing worked to get PPL to see my Pro 300.   She is reporting the issue to their software developers.

As a side note, I got the Media Configuration Tool to see my Pro 300 using an ethernet connection.

So the issue is specific to PPL.

Regards,

Dan.

DPReview has a Printer forum and Fred Miranda has a Canon forum and a Post Processing forum. There are folks there that use the Pro-300; they may have ideas if you post there.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements