cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printers will not print and they automatically enter pause mode. Why and how do I fix it?

WThomas
Apprentice

All of a sudden a couple of days ago, my laptop wasn't connecting with my printers.  That usually means the software has been updated and needs to be reinstalled.

My printers (ImageClass MF 269 dw & ImageClass MF 634 cdw) are not printing and they keep automatically being paused.  I checked and it says that the laptop has made a connection and will start printing, but then it automatically pauses on its own.  I've completed the below actions and I'm still having this problem.

I need to know why this is happening and how to fix it definitively.  I'm on hold with Canon on the phone and the wait time is over an hour!!!

1 - I restarted my WiFi router a couple of days ago.

2 - I downloaded and installed the updated software for both of my printers.

3 - I have turned them on and off repeatedly.

4 - I checked that the IPV4 Network address matches between my laptop and the printers.

5 - I downloaded and installed the most recent MAC OS software.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello WThomas,

The issue looks like a drop in network communication or a problem with the drivers used for printing. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. If you take the printer's ip address and enter into the address bar in your web browser, does it take you to the printer's remote user interface?
  3. How far are the printer's from the router?
Announcements