cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install scanner drivers for Image Class D570

rexlegorreta
Apprentice

Hi there,

I've been struggling to install the scan drivers on windows for my canon printer black and white D570,

I have downloaded this drivers for windows 10

D570MFDriverV560WPusEN.exe

My problem is that during installation (over the network) when I get asked to select a device my printer won't show and if I search my printer using ip address I get this:

error canon.png

Things I did and made sure to do right:

- have both printer and laptop connected to same network

- run installer as admin

but that didn't work, so I tried the following workarounds:

- turn off firewall

- turn off windows defender (I don't have another antivirus)

- use another laptop

- try installing drivers using usb cable

but that didn't work either so I don't know what else I can do for installing the drivers :c

Notes:

I'm able to print using laptops, phone and macbook, I don't have a problem for adding my printer in any device

I'm also able to scan using macbook's AirPrint

My problem seems to be limited to install the scan drivers in windows.

Thank you,

Ricardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rexlegorreta
Apprentice

Afree getting in touch with support they told me to download drivers from here and these worked fine;

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/0100011015/01/MF242dwMFDriverV710W64usEN.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rexlegoretta,

If the only issue is that the scanner is not being detected through the setup, it will usually mean that something is blocking the driver install or the scanner connection. The connection should be fine if you are able to scan via airprint. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. They can check what is blocking the install or what is causing the communication issue.

sirdonz
Apprentice

I too have the same issue (can't find device using both default and by Search by IP) My printer is MF644CDw and using windows 10 pro 21H1. using latest driver on website: MF642CMFDriverV6403WP.exe . Also tried Admin user and verified Printer webpage is up and can see and verify all settings.   Installing microsoft ipp driver works but don't have all the settings such as duplex.  But I want MF Scan Utility back.  Please assist.

rexlegorreta
Apprentice

Afree getting in touch with support they told me to download drivers from here and these worked fine;

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/0100011015/01/MF242dwMFDriverV710W64usEN.exe

Announcements