cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 printer not printing black

traciflome
Apprentice

My pixma MX922 is not printing black text.  It will print color.  I have changed my ink, cleaned it and shut it on and off.  Thoughts?

95 REPLIES 95

samor23
Apprentice

my mx922 will not print black in photos. so weird..it shows it all messed up. like a ghost filter

Hi samor23,

Let's start by performing a nozzle check to make sure that the ink is being properly distributed.  Full instructions for performing the check can be found HERE.

If the black grid pattern or any of the color bars are streaked or missing, a cleaning may be required.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi BillS,

I've done what you advised and the black for text still didn't print. I took the head out, flush the ports until the water ran clear, put it back into the printer with new ink cartridges and still blank. It will print photos only. 

Hi Mememe1,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I found a solution that might work for some of the users within this long thread.

I have a MX922 and my problem began yesterday after years without issue. I don't know if starting to use Windows 10 this month (new PC purchase) has anything to do with it. 

Black would not print a pdf document, even after changing the PGBK cartridge (BK was full) and doing a number of the tests.

A few minutes ago, I decided to just open an email and print it. It worked fine. Right after, I retried printing the problem pdf doc. It worked perfectly. Dumb luck ?  Try it.

SaucyJack
Apprentice

To All:

I figured out two temporary emergency solutions to this problem.

• My first very simple solution was to change the color of my text to a very dark navy blue. This printed my document but the color was a dark blue.

• Second solution. I noticed others were able to print photos OK but not text. So I changed the "Media Type" from plain paper to "Photo Paper" and was now able to print perfectly using black ink.

I have also found a work-around on my MP520. In my case half of the black type is missing. If I put the Printing Preferences on HIGH QUALITY, the black prints fine.

My settings screen on the printer works 1% of the time, that's also a pain. I do not wish to live in a disposable world.

robertdioquino
Apprentice

I bought last June 2018 a Canon PIXMA G2010 and recently the printer doesn't print black text or I can see nothing at all in my paper. The colored inks are working. I tried cleaning it once or twice by following the "Maintenance" procedure in the manual but still the black text printing doesn't work. I even refill the blank ink tank up to high level even the tank shows the level is still at the middle between high and low. What will I do?

Jessgold
Contributor

Is there a solution?

Stansh
Apprentice

I have the same issue with MX922 model. Looks like massive defect for the same series of printers. So far using the "photo paper" workaround. Very disappointed with Canon and looking to buy more reliable printer from one of Canon's rival.

Announcements