cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac os ventura 13.0.1 lbp6230dw driver

drgraham78
Contributor

Need to get an updated driver for the Canon LBP6230dw printer for the mac os ventura 13.0.1 software version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon Knowledge Base - Wireless setup for the imageCLASS LBP6030w, LBP6230dw and LBP7110Cw (Contains...

Maybe some help here.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Visit the support page for your printer.

Canon Support for imageCLASS LBP6230dw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

shadowsports_0-1670057792596.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. I am still unable to get my MacBook Pro to recognize the printer. I have tried installing and reinstalling. The printer has an IP address on my lan and shows on a list when installing but I cannot print to it. Can't figure out what I am missing.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon Knowledge Base - Wireless setup for the imageCLASS LBP6030w, LBP6230dw and LBP7110Cw (Contains...

Maybe some help here.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you so much. Your advice did the job. I was able to accomplish the task of reconnecting my Mac to the printer. Awesome!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You know the IP address of the printer.

Apple menu > System Preference > Printers and Scanners

Select the printer, remove it using the (-) minus option.

Now select (+) to add. Don't use Bonjour, or Airprint... Select the IP icon above. Enter the printers IP address. In the second field below, change the name to something meaningful to you. "LBP6230dw" or similar. There is another drop down below, this where you can select the driver. Since you have already installed the Canon software, the driver will be one of the selectable options in the dropdown list... Next to add. It should add and appear with a green ready dot.

Not from Ventura, But looks similarNot from Ventura, But looks similar

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

petrakelsey
Apprentice

I'm having this problem too. I don't see a driver option for mac os ventura. 

The first file listed here is the setup tool and the second file is the printer driver for the LBP6230dw printer.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageclass-lbp6230dw#idReference%3Dsoftware-drivers

rhyamamoto
Apprentice

I've tried everything I can think of and that has been suggested. I keep getting "filter failure" when I try to print. I couldn't get the second file to download. I'm currently running Monterey 12.6.

drgraham78
Contributor

Is Monterey 12.6 the most current OS version available? I don't see it on the list for driver updates.

Announcements