cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF743cdw wants paper from drawer 1 but it's in drawer 2

Christian2
Apprentice

Plain 2 paper type (20# paper) is loaded into drawer 1.

Drawer 1 is assigned to contain Plain 2 under "paper settings" as such: Drawer 1: "LTR/Plain2"

When I go to print any document/file, an error message flashes stating "Load paper.  Drawer 1 LTR/Plain1"

I can only get it to print if I touch the "Drawer 1" line on the touchscreen each time, or if I change the assigned paper in Drawer 1 to Plain 1 (17-19#), which is not what I am using.

Any idea how I can get the printer to recognize that I indeed have Plain 2 type paper in that drawer?

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetigs,

See my previous post.  MF743Cdw

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/No-Paper-LTR-Plain-1/m-p/306427#M11168

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you...I must be doing something wrong.  Tried to follow your referenced post, but no dice.  Printer stills gives me an error message when I try to print with drawer 1 set to Plain2 paper type.

BTW, I see you are in the Bay Area...Livermore here!

I'm in Pacifica, about a mile from the water. 

Cheers

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Christian2.

Paper settings on the printer may be overridden by the paper settings in the printer driver.  Make sure the Media Type setting on the computer matches the paper type set on and loaded in the printer.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Hi Darius, thanks much for the response.  I have checked the "Printing Preferences" in my settings for this printer.  Under Paper/Quality, and the "media" tab, "Plain Paper" is selected, as opposed to the other options of "Heavyweight", Lightweight" or "Labels".

Is this what you meant?

chirano
Apprentice
I had same issue. Realized my Google print settings was set at A4 paper size. Changed to 'letter' and no probs printing.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements