cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF741Cdw - wont sleep after scan to email

micaaronfl12
Contributor

hello all,

After I scan to email the printer stays on it does not go back into hibernation. 

Any ideas

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Hi, micaaronfl12!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny its a imageclass mf741cdw

basically when i use the scanner, it scans fine but doesn't go back into hibernation- i have to shut the machine off and turn it back on to fix it. 

software is all up to date as well.  

bump 

Hi again!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Micaaronfl12,

There are a couple of of Item that could prevent the printer from going into sleep mode. If the printer is in one of the menu screens or it is communicating, it can prevent the MF741 from going into sleep mode. It could also be caused by the network environment. You can view the list of items that will prevent the sleep mode using the link HERE. In a situation like this, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. They can check what might be causing the issue.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Are you scanning to a computer, email, network drive, or USB memory stick? If it is a computer, what operating do you have on that computer?
  2. When the scan is complete and it does not go into sleep mode, what does it show you on the display?
  3. Is the data light flashing when it stays on?

Hector,

When i scan and email the data light stays on and it says another job is pending, but there is no other job. I have to shut down the printer to get it to go back into sleep mode.

Any word back on this Hector? 

Hello,

It looks likes like the scan is still processing or there was a problem completing the scan to email if the data light is still on and you that something is pending. I would suggest starting by unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. once you network is back up, you can try scanning again to see if you have the same problem. 

If you still have the same issue, I would suggest trying to reconfigure your scan to email settings using the steps in the link HERE. 

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest calling support at 1-800-652-2666 and they can check further into what is causing the sleeping issue with scan to email.

tried that it keeps trying to print some type of report after the scan. instead of me sitting on the phone can you please let em know if there are any other tips

Announcements