cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF628Cw Shows Blank Lines on Scans

das1996
Apprentice

lines.JPG

I have a mf628cw laser aio.  The unit is about 5 yrs old.  Lately when scanning in color I'll get this horizontal white line issue as well.  Specifically it seems like every other line is white/empty. Black and white scans are defect free and correct.

Some time ago the fax stopped working without errors. At this point, I have one unused bw cartridge remaining. Once that's depleted it seems it'll be time to dispose of this unit.

Note, I haven't updated the fw in ages, nor do I plan to.  I might do a factory reset. I did export all the settings, but uncertain the unit will be returned to the exact state its in now after a reset and reloading of the settings.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Das1996,

The issue looks like there is something wrong with the hardware or it is trying to copy or scan a protected item. Some items like checks, money, and certificates will not be reproduced by the scanner. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Does it only happen when you try to scan the Chase documents or do you run into that issue with anything that you scan in color?
  2. Does that happen from the document feed on top and the scanner glass?

das1996
Apprentice

You may be on to something with respect to protected documents. I've seen it only with checks so far, and in color.
When scanning the same check in bw, it scans fine. Other documents scan fine in color or bw.

Doesn't matter if the doc feeder on top or scanner glass is used.

If it is protected documents, how do I scan the check/document in color to preserve as much of the original as possible for my records?

Announcements