cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Printing from Apple Computer on Maxify GX7020 Printer

esimavi
Apprentice

Just bought an GX7020 Canon Printer. All wireless connections to the network. I can print photos at a normal pace using my android phone and the canon print app (wireless connection). However if I try to print the same photos from my IMac apple computer the printing is extremely slow (wireless connection, there is no way to connect via usb as their is no driver showing up).  All the settings are the same. It feels like the printer is waiting to receive data to continue printing. It literally takes like 5 minutes to print an 8.5x11 photo from mac computer vs taking about 20 30 seconds from android phone.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Scanning documents works fine on Mac, it's just the printer being ridiculously slow when printing photos.

thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, esimavi!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your computer and which applications you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This printer uses the Apple AirPrint driver. Try connecting via USB and select the "+" Add Printer icon in Printer & Scanners. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Unfortunately when I do that the driver for the printer doesn't exist

esimavi
Apprentice

Running MacOS Big Sur. Tried printing from Preview App. Adobe Photoshop app. Easy Photo Print Editor App. All same results. There is exactly 7 second between each printer move. It will print a line, then about 7 seconds later print another line.

Compared to my Android phone, the printer doesn't pause to print at all. 

Announcements