cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan to Computer - Receive "An error occurred" message every time - MF414DW

theargonaut33
Contributor

Hi folks.  I have an MF414DW AIO.  No matter what I do I cannot get the Scan to Computer function to work properly.  I even downloaded the latest driver and MF Scan manual and reinstalled everything using the manual and it still does not work.  I'm trying to scan to Mac Mojave machine that is always plugged in and online.  I do not know how to get this working at this point. It worked like two times when I originally set it up a few weeks ago but I cannot get it to work at all and just get the error every time.  Looking for assistance with this. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Telling us what the printer is connected to would be really helpful?  (Ethernet, USB, Wireless) > Computer, Router, etc?

We know you can't scan.  Can you print?

Does the Device appear in Printers and Scanners in System Preferences?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the reply.  I was going through my email and just saw that i got one.  Sorry for the late reply.  Yes I can print just fine on all computers both mac and PC at my house.  I can scan to USB fine.  I just cannot scan to PC or Mac as I get that error.  Yes the device shows as both printer and scanner on my Mac.  It definitely sees it.  Also I can scan using the MF utility to the computer fine but I want to be able to scan to the computer without me being in front of it and using the MF utility.  That is the only thing that is not functioning.  

Thank you again for your assistance.

Announcements