cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Garodcfilter Error : 3000 iPF6400

mclmk8d
Contributor
I made a print yesterday on my Canon iPF6400 which was a little light and flat, so I corrected the settings in Photoshop 6. When I hit print, it did not send any data to the printer. I checked the printer icon and saw that the print was stopped; I was getting a garodcfilter Error: 3000 (see screen print).

I went to Canon's support website, updated all my hardware and drivers, and tried again with the same results. I did some research and many of the people with the same problem said to make sure the Fast Graphic Process box is unchecked on the Main Print Layout dialog box. It wasn't checked, so I tried again and the same error message.

I haven't been able to print since yesterday due to this error, and it is very frustrating, especially since it happened after immediately being able to print.

I've attached some screen prints from this problem...I run MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 on a 27" iMAC and Photoshop 6.
Please let me know how this problem can be resolved.
Serge

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 11.15.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 11.16.07 AM.png
7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mclmk8d,

Please follow these steps to reinstall your iPF6400:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click once on the iPF6400 and then [-] to remove it.

4.  Repeat until all iPF6400's are removed.

5.  Once done, please close the window.

6.  Click once on desktop so Finder appears in upper left corner.

7.  To the right of Finder, please click on Go and then Go to Folder.

8.  In the box that appears, please type:

/Library/Printers/

and click Go

9.  In the folder that appears, please delete the Canon folder.

10.  Reboot your computer once done.

When the computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Use the following link to access the driver:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

2.  Click the Select button next to "imagePROGRAF Printer Driver Ver.4.80 (Mac)".

3.  Click the Download button.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

5.  Double click [Drv-MacX10-480.dmg].  A new disk image will appear.

Double click the new disk image to begin the installation.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

It is now able to print; however, it keeps selecting ROLL paper even though I manually load a sheet of ISO A3+ paper (13"x19"). The only way it will print manual sheets is if I change the paper setting to ISO A3+ for paper tray (Large Margins). Unfortunately, that setting gives me margins that are TOO LARGE for my precut mats (11.5x17.5 opening).

I've gone through the layout setting/page setup multiple times. It holds my preferred setting until I hit print; at that point, it tells me I need to use roll paper.This is so frustrating as you can well imagine.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 4.12.30 PM.png

Hello.

Check to make sure that the correct paper size options are being specified in the final print dialog screen before sending the print job.  If the issue persists, please contact our phone support group at 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for additional assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a similar problem as above and followed instructions. I have an ipf6400, 2015 iMac with Mojave 10.14.6.

I cannot get the replacement printer Driver (Drv-MacX10-520) to load so I can add it. I'm sure I'm making some small mistake but I can't figure it out.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kgitti,

We would be happy to assist with loading the printer driver onto your Mac. To assist further, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message below we can provide some troubleshooting steps or suggestions.

1. Are you having problems with the initial download of the printer driver? If so, what errors do you get and what web browser are you using?
  2. Are you having problems with starting the install of the download driver package. If so, let us know of any errors that you get during the install and when it occurs.

For a more immediate response feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

PeterMullin
Apprentice

Hi there

I am still getting the printer error come up despite following the steps above as regards deleting the printer driver and re-installing.

I am running MacOSMojave 10.14.6 and installed the latest driver imagePROGRAF Printer Driver Ver.5.20 (Mac).

Can you suggest anything else I could try?

Thanks

Hello PeterMullin,

If you are still getting the same error after removing the printer from the computer and reinstalling the drivers, I would suggest calling our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agent would be happy to assist checking what is going on with the driver or what problems are coming up during the install.

Announcements