I was able to print to this printer from PS CC 2017 prior to installing PS CC 2018. As soon as I installed the latter, my problems began.
In addition, I am able to print to this printer from other programs. So the problem is specific to PS and this printer.
What happens is that when I click to print with the Preview option selected, the Preview comes up but then immediately stalls. It is not populated with the usual information, and nothing I do closes this frozen Preview window. I have to restart my computer to get rid of it.
I have turned off the Preview option and now I am able to print but without a preview. It seems that the problem is solely in the Preview module. But I need and want the Preview option.
Please advise how I can solve this problem.
I want to add that I have installed the latest Canon layout plug-in and Print plug-in. This made no difference.
I understand that preview is not working from Photoshop CC 2018 with your imagePROGRAF iPF6400. Installing the latest version of the Status Monitor for your iPF6400 should resolve this issue. To download and install the imagePROGRAF Status Monitor Ver.25.70A from our website, please follow these steps:
1. Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for the iPF6400.
2. In the Drivers & Downloads section, please click on the Software tab.
3. Click the Select button next to "imagePROGRAF Status Monitor Ver.25.70A".
4. Click the Download button.
5. If a Save As box comes up, click Save.
6. Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
7. Double click the file that you have downloaded, "SM-Win64-2570A.exe".
Follow the prompts to install the updated version.
Once installed, please attempt to print using preview.
If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.