cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing unwanted color vertical lines on page

FiremanPete
Apprentice

My mf731cdw prints color vertical lines, primarily blu and yellow. I have cleaned the fixing assembly and the ITB. Same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi FiremanPete.

On the Auto-adjust sheet (<Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Auto Adjust Gradation>), do blank vertical lines appear through any of the colored bars printed?  If so, those respective toner cartridges may be faulty or damaged; if they're within the toner cartridge warranty, you'll want to call our support for help replacing them.  If not, then you'll want to contact our phone-based support for assistance correcting the lines that appear.

Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi FiremanPete.

On the Auto-adjust sheet (<Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Auto Adjust Gradation>), do blank vertical lines appear through any of the colored bars printed?  If so, those respective toner cartridges may be faulty or damaged; if they're within the toner cartridge warranty, you'll want to call our support for help replacing them.  If not, then you'll want to contact our phone-based support for assistance correcting the lines that appear.

Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having this same problem.  The color lines are down the right side of the page.  They come and go but are mostly there.  I did a maintenance cleaning a couple of times and they disappeared but soon returned.  I followed your instructions above but I see no blank lines running through the color printed.  Just the color lines that don't belong on the right side. 

Hi Pennyrub,

If the problem disappears after the cleaning and returns, the issue can be the paper or toner cartridges. Try new pack of paper. Replace the genuine toner cartridges, if the issue continues.

You can also find suggests in the online manual at:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1738-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS735_troubleshooting_0259.html#1108_h2_07

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Thank you for the help. 

Lesson learned here today, in an effort to save money I purchased copycat toner cartridges. Turns out this is a big no no. 

Going forward I'll only use genuine Canon cartridges. I certainly didn't save any money this way.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements