cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Business Cards on MF634CDW

Lundwall
Apprentice

I tried to print business cards on my MF634CDW using Avery 28878 stock which is intended for Inkjets. The printer won't pull a sheet through the Multipurpiose Tray. It stops part way in. Which Avery business card stock should I be using for this laser printer? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lundwall,

Welcome to our Canon Forum! 

I understand your Color imageCLASS MF634Cdw is not printing business cards. We recommend you use paper specifically designed to be used in a laser printer. Most of the time you can use paper made for Inkjets, however, the print results may not be the same (as when it is used in an Inkjet printer).  We need more information about your situation, could you answer a few questions?

1.  What did you select for the paper type (e.g. Heavy 1, Coated 1, etc.) for the Multi-purpose Tray?

2.  Was there an error message when the business card sheet stopped part of the way into your MF634Cdw?  If so, was the error displayed on your MF634Cdw or on your computer and what was the error message?

3.  What is your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows 10, Mac OS 10.15, etc.)?

If you continue to have difficulties and need help more help, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry for the delay. I've been traveling. Here are your answers.

1.) I've tried both Heavy 1 (32 lbs) and Heavy 2 (60 lbs).  I then tried Coated 3 with the same result.

2.) The Error Message is: Paper Jammed. Then it presents the instructions to clear it.

3.) Windows 10

Tried it again this morning with the same results. Thanks.

Then I tried Coated 3 also with the same result.

Hi Lundwall,

Please check for any paper jam or debris inside of the machine. This will include removing and reseating the toner cartridges. Please click HERE or below to view instructions in the manual:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1738-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS735_troubleshooting_0265.html

If the Avery Business Card Injket is the only one jamming in the printer, please look for Avery Business Card for laser printers not inkjets.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This has to be the most inane, superficial 'daignosis' I've ever heard of. It's like,

Me: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Then don't do that.."

Everything else prints fine and there are no jams.

And no, I'm not indicating that this has 'solved' the problem.

I have been trying to do this  with the same results. 

One set of instructions  Saye use the Multi feed tray ( the lower one that takes multiple blank sheets) the other says the single sheet feed ?  Neither works.

Confusing.

Using AVERY 5876. even folllowd their instructions . Same  results. ..

HELP !!

Hello Lundwall,

Avery makes different types of paper for use with different types of printers. I checked on Avery's site, paper designed for inkjet use can cause paper feed issues and problems with the toner flaking off of the surface of the paper. On their site it is suggested to use the papers designed for laser printers or to use the papers that were designed for laser and inkjet printing.

If that is the only paper that is jamming, it would usually be best to switch to one of their papers that were designed for use with a laser printer. If you are loading the paper one sheet at a time using the steps in the link provided HERE it would mean you are following the proper steps. If you continue to have paper jams, it would usually mean the wrong media type is being fed through the printer or there is a problem with the hardware.

In this situation, I would suggest calling support at 1-800-652-266. Our agents would be happy to check what issues might be causing the jams and can provide service if needed.

Announcements