cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MF8580CDW cannot scan and copy

chinut
Apprentice

The printing function works right. When I I try to scan or copy, it only output a blank page. Any suggestion?

By the way, why my post were deleted?

5 REPLIES 5

chinut
Apprentice

I guess that I should provide more information about the problems.

The OS is win8.1(x64). I had followed the steps on the forum to re-install the drivers. The driver and scan utility toolbox worked well. But the problem is still: copy and scan only output blank page(white, nothing on the pages)

Currently, I am just worried whether or not it is related to hardware. In other words, the machine had to be repaired. Because, when making a copy, it should not related to the computer or driver software, right?

Suggestions?

I have the same problem, using OSX El Cap v. 10.11.2. 

Not sure it matters what the computer is if it can't copy, but why would this happen randomly? was working fine for a year

Hi My friend,

I am very sorry for it. I had replace it with another 8580. It works well.

After received the replacement, I made a test, the copy function is not dependent on PC or any driver/software. Then I could conclude that it is a hardware error.

I would not buy another 8580. There is good reason that Canon has discontinued them. go buy an HP.

DFul
Apprentice

I have had the same issues on this MF8580Cdw after just 2 yrs. I tried tech support and they updated, reset settings, drivers reinstalled and then they gave up. I had a friend who is software savvy come out and he worked with the settings and it came on to work again, but he did not write down what he did.

I have had t he same issue again months later, the unit copies and scans to a blank white page. Prints fine, all functions fine exept that there is no image from a scan or copy. I confirmed that the scanning lamp is coming on, but no image. This is a pricey unit, more than prior printers/scanners I have purchase from Brother and HP. Never had issues with those over many years, but this Canon has "broke down" in just 2 yrs from buying NEW direct from Canon. Verry Disapointing!!!

Announcements