cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB5320 keeps rebooting.

bjm1
Apprentice

I have two Maxify MB5320's and both are constantly rebooting.  I tried all "cures" posted on the web and nothing works.  What did you do, Canon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing. A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue. You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

GBois
Contributor

Check out this post - different model but same problem: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/MX490-power-cycling-fix-from-user-on-foru...

Note that I personally haven't tried this - appears to be a workaround to keep Canon from connecting with the printer via wifi.

I experienced the same issue with my Maxify MB5320.  It started just a few days ago.  It would power cycle and push out a few blank pages, flash an orange fault LED then reboot and repeat.  I am so glad I found this thread and tried the solution in the link that @GBois provided.  It worked for me.  The only difference that I did was I first turned on the MAC filtering option on my mesh network and blocked the printer instead of shutting down the whole network.  The printer was then was able to power on normally with the exception that it could not connect to my Wi-Fi network.   I then went into the printer settings and changed the DNS settings from automatic to manual and designated an unused IP address within my network.  I ignored the  set up a secondary DNS address when prompted.  Once completed it displayed the menu.  I then removed the MAC Filtering block for my printer and I was back in business.   My printer connected to my network and I was able to print documents again. 😁

Did Canon push a firmware update to the printers?  I can't believe that everyone having this issue at the same time is coincidence.   

I am so glad I stumbled upon this thread today.  I was about to trash this printer and use it as a boat anchor.   😠

pstevens
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem Maxify MB2320.   It was working fine up until a couple of days ago then I woke up in the morning and it had printed the whole stack of paper.  It starts, Maxify comes up on the screen, wheels start turning, it ejects a legal page then the red caution light comes on and it turns off.  It then restarts and repeats the cycle.  There was a few comments on reddit about disconnecting your WIFI router and then it would start.  Tried that and didn't work for me.

mdaitzman
Apprentice

Please could you give a pointer to the cures you found on the web?

cw15147
Apprentice

I want to chime in that I had the same problem with the same printer in more or less exactly the same time frame (I think my printer went into a boot loop two nights ago).

Per the link in the reply by GBois:

1) I turned off the WiFi the printer is supposed to be on -> printer was able to boot. I have multiple access points in my network, so had to go around and turn them all off.

2) Once the printer had booted, I went through the settings to find the DNS configuration. I manually set a somewhat random address (I don't know the address of the local DNS in my network).

3) Restarted the WiFi -> printer appears to be behaving normally.

While I was in the printer's settings, I also took a note that my printer is on firmware version 4.0, though there's no indication of when that firmware was installed. I also can't find any info on firmware versions on the web.

Judging from the recent posts on this board, it looks like Canon really effed something up.

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing. A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue. You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

You should probable tell everyone that you need to disconnect the printer from WiFi first, or turn off their wireless router before attempting to update the firmware.  The software to update the firmware does not recognize the printer while it is power cycling which makes it impossible to update the firmware.  Thanks to the other posts on this thread, I was able to successfully update the firmware after unplugging my router.

Details matter.  🙂

Thanks so much for the feedback! The official firmware update procedure does outline this very specifically. You can view it here

I was able to use my Router (ASUS) App on my phone to block the printer and didn’t need to turn off the router.  That way I didn’t have to interrupt all the other devices. 

Announcements