cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB5320 Printing Black Poorly

flipnewf
Contributor

The black cartridge of my Maxify MB5320 printer is printing erratically. Sometimes it's normally black, but most often it is VERY light. The color cartridges are normal. I have gotten no indication whatsoever that the black cartridge needs to be changed.

Does my printer need to be serviced OR, if all I need to do is insert a new cartridge, how do I get the cartridge carrier to position itself under the blue push button which allows me to remove the old cartridge?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

The ink in the printer will not move to the changing position until the printer detects that the ink tank is empty. When the tank was loaded, the seal on the tank was punctured so the tank would leak if it was removed early. In this situation, you can try deep cleaning the black ink from the operation panel of the printer or from your computer.

You can try the deep cleaning to see if it resolves the issue with the black printing. If it does not, you can try cleaning the black ink until the level drops and it allows you to change the ink. If it is a third party black ink tank, I would suggest checking with ink tank manufacturer to see what options you might have for removing that tank. 

If that's does not resolve the issue, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. You can check your service options using your MyCanon account or you can call support at 1-800-652-2666.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

The ink in the printer will not move to the changing position until the printer detects that the ink tank is empty. When the tank was loaded, the seal on the tank was punctured so the tank would leak if it was removed early. In this situation, you can try deep cleaning the black ink from the operation panel of the printer or from your computer.

You can try the deep cleaning to see if it resolves the issue with the black printing. If it does not, you can try cleaning the black ink until the level drops and it allows you to change the ink. If it is a third party black ink tank, I would suggest checking with ink tank manufacturer to see what options you might have for removing that tank. 

If that's does not resolve the issue, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. You can check your service options using your MyCanon account or you can call support at 1-800-652-2666.

Thank you!!!

Announcements