cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Word table on 3x5 card not respecting standard margins

hookedup
Contributor

In MS Word 2019, I created a landscape table on a 3x5 card.  I've used the Word narrow margins to be sure I was not using too much space.  In print preview, the card looks fine and centered all the way around.

On my Imageclass MF644CDW, I registered the new custom paper size of 3x5.  I feed the 3x5's using the multipurpose tray and select the paper size.  When I print, I'm sure to select the multipurpose tray.  The table prints completely but the bottom of the table is really close (1/16") to the bottom of the card.  I've tried playing with the various margin settings and the table moves around to different edges of the card but does not respect the margins.   Any help would be really appreciated.  Thank you.

BTW, after having me reload my drivers to the latest and verifying my settings, Canon's help line suggested I call MS.  Thank you Canon.

9 REPLIES 9

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Do you have the same issue when you print on other paper sizes?
  3. Do you have the same problem when printing from other programs?

1. Windows 10

2. Never

3. I basically use MS Word for everything.  The only non-letter item that I usually print is envelopes and never have a problem.  Maybe because the size is defined?  I had to "register" the 3x5 size in order to print.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

I received an email today from Canon notifying me that I received a reply to this problem.  The hyperlinks in the email did not work.  I came here to the forum and saw no new contributions.  Thank you.

The 3X5 paper size should be an option in the paper size list, you should not have to define that size. If 3X5 is not a paper size that you can normally select, you can try reinstalling the recommended driver using the link provided HERE. Once the driver has been reinstalled, you can try printing again to see if there is an option for 3X5 already in the paper size list. If you do not see the size in the list, you can try printing from another program to see if you can find the 3X5 paper size. Using a manually defined paper size can cause issue with margins when printing from your computer. If you are unable to locate the installed 3X5 paper size, I would suggest contacting support again at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what might be causing a problem with the paper size selection or the driver installation.

hookedup
Contributor

I've triple checked the paper size list and there are no card sizes - 3x5, 5x7, etc.  I tried reinstalled my driver as suggested.  Still no card sizes.  You mentioned, "should be an option..."  Is there a way Canon can verify this because on my downloads, there aren't any selectable card paper sizes.

In previous conversations with Canon Customer Service, I was directed to speak to Microsoft.  In MS' posts, they say that the printer should generate the list of available paper sizes to select from since it is the manufacturer's driver that directs the printer's ability to format etc.  I am totally confused and appreciate your support.

Page 662 of the Canon User's Guide indicates that the 3x5 is defined.  Yet when I go to page setup in MS Word, the 3x5 does not appear as an option regardless of the amount of times I have reloaded the driver.  The closest I have come is to define a custom size. This may be creating the original margin problems.  I don't know.

Hello, 

If you have reached out to phone support and they have suggested contacting Microsoft support, it does look like it would be a program based issue. To see if there are any suggestions we can provide to try and resolve the margin issue while printing from word, would you be able to attach a sample image of the print that comes out along with a screenshot of the print window from Word. This way we can check the settings against the output. I checked and it looks like you would have to define the 3X5 setting in Word but it should not cause the image to move to any specific side of the paper.

I've attached pics of what I think you requested.  Please let me know if there is something else.  Thank you.

Print screen & Print copyPrint screen & Print copyPrint settingsPrint settings

Hello,

If that is what is coming out of Word, you can try installing our UFR II/UFRII LT V4 Printer Driver V7.1.2 from our site and trying to print using that instead of the Generic UFRII driver.

If you continue to have the issue after installing the other version of the driver, you can also try printing with word and using the option to center the image instead of defining the margins to see if it places the print in the center of the page. If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting Word so they can go over your image position and page setup options to see what might be causing the issue.

Announcements