Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: MF8280CW WIRELESSLY PRINTING BUT NOT SCANNING

I've also hit a dead end. 

The only way I can get this to work is to unplug the unit and reboot it, and then it works the first time, and not again after. Did you ever figure out a solution? 

New Contributor

Hi BMWTwisty,

did you find a solution to this then?

New Contributor

Hi,

Firstly, I am having the same problem with my MF8280cw printer using a MacBook Air and OSX 10.14.6. I followed your posted instructions for adding the scanner with MF Toolbox but the toolbox doesnt show any scanner. Even though my printer is added and active.

This is the error message I get when using either the Apple SCan
Feature(right next to the print option in system preferences)

Cannot scan because of the following:

- Scan type set on the scanner is incorrect
- Scanner is busy
- Error occurred in the scanner
- Scanner is in Sleep mode

Check the scanner status and try again.
Scanner driver will be terminated.

Error code: 2100010

On the printer, I still have a blinking red light on the LCD and an error message, "Cannot use Cloud printing. Check settings from Remote UI"

Please advise.
Product Expert

Hi kabir12345.

It sounds like there may be something blocking the ports for Google Cloud Print and the scanning function. Do you have any type of antivirus or firewall software installed on your computer?

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.