cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON LBP6780DN GOOGLE MAPS PRINT TERRIBLE QUALITY

and23
Contributor

Can someone help me set this printer up such that it prints the maps well?

I got a CANON LBP6780DN. The printer is good. It prints everything except the google maps. 

The maps printout is simply illegible.

It prints, you can tell that it printed a map, but somehow the letters within the map are not clear, can't read the names and can't figure the shape of the streets. 

It always printed like this since I bought it new.

The bottom of the map has a sentence "Map data ©2019 500 ft " and that prints sharp and clear with no problems.  

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Not exactly sure what you are describing?  However, if I had to guess, I suspect this might have to do with the zoom ratio or maybe a setting in the application you are printing from?  (Web browser)?  Just guessing.

example1.png

zoom.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

img290.jpg

I attached a pic how it looks like.

I have no idea what you referred to.

Can you please walk me through?

I have 4 different browsers and all produce the same result.

The printer was set to 600 DPI and I am totaly surprised why it does what it does.

The map on the screen always looks perfect. 

It's just the printout that sucks. Always.

Hi and23.

The original that you are trying to print is a color image, while the LBP6780dn is a black-and-white only printer.  Even the text you see, that is not printing correctly, is a rendered image rather than text overlay.  Try saving the original as grayscale or black and white, and then printing that gray/b&w image.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am not sure if I understand your reply.

Are you saying that I should make a screenshot capture and convert it to jpg and then pring the jpg?

And then do it every time if I need to print a map? 

That is crazy!!!

I have monohrome printers at work and I never heard of a solution like this. 

Printers print this stuff all the time. Why is Canon not capable of doing so?

That was an expensive printer for goodness sake!!

Hello again and23.

The program/driver compensates the conversion from "color" to "black and white" by settting a threshhold below which color is set to black and above which it's set to white.  Gray is produced as a speckled pattern of toner and no toner (to varying degrees, depending on how dark or light the gray is). 

The font is both being squished down to fit the print area, as well as blurred (interpolated) with the surrounding colors, causing it to report as a "gray" area.  Because the text is so small, the speckled pattern for the gray is making the text seem like every other dot is missing.

Since the LBP6780dn is only capable of printing the information sent to it by the computer, the most reliable way of correcting this problem is to save the image, convert it to grayscale or black and white, and then print.  A black-and-white version of the original will show the same artifacting as the print.  Either black and white or grayscale will allow you to adjust the contrast and levels to optimize the black and white image before printing.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

You just made a very well explained and politically correct argument that my printer is trash.

Because it means just that - because printer has to print directly and not by using a complicated way of converting files.

Printer has to print. Just print, before going out to store, dentist or any other local place.

Because if all other printers work fine - even a decade old HP that I have at work - and this is the only one that is somehow not capable of doing what other printers do just fine.

There is no way I spend that much time doing a print map job!

Now question remains - Is it really true that Canon advanced printer is not capable of printing from Google maps?

Because that's what it is - a printer - not capable of printing. 

Over advertised piece of expensive crap.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements