08-11-2019 07:15 PM
I have a brand new imageClass MF733cdw printer. I am trying to scan from desktop computer using the MF Scan utility.
Here is the situation:
- 1-sdied scan seems to be working fine
- When I select Feeder the 2-sided scan option gets cleared on the settngs screen.
- If check the 2-sided option manually, the scanner does not do anything. No error messages displayed.
- Selecting the Auto mode automatically turns on the 2-sided option. Same behavior as above. Scanner does not do
- If I turn off the 2-sied option, scnner works in both Document and Custom modes.
This printer is supposed to support Single Pass two-sided scanning.
Am I missing something. Any/all help appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-12-2019 01:26 PM
Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? Also, do you experience an issue with making a 2-sided copy directly from the machine?
We look forward to your reply. Please note that if you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call our telephone support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).
08-14-2019 02:59 PM
The computer I was using runs Windows 10 operating system and is up-to-date on all changes. Other than a few streaks in the image, there is no problem making two-sided copies from the machine.
08-22-2019 01:49 AM
I am experiencing the same problems. I have been successfully scanning double sided using PaperPort 14.5 with ADF double side settings for over 6 months. I can't remember the last time I did a double scan, but probably 2-4 weeks ago, so I am not certain when this may have started, however, I am now getting an error message "Unable to communicate with the scanning device" on any scanning profile that specifies double side. I can change the profile to single side with no other changes and it works fine.
In addition to not working with PaperPort (after months of success), it also does not work using the Canon MF scan utility. I set the document and custom profile settings to scan both sides, and the program button to scan does nothing with these settings. When I change the setting to single side, the program button scans as expected.
I hate to blame the latest Windows 10 updates for causing this problem, but I am showing current on updates, including W10V1903 feature update as of 8/8, and a couple of other updates on 8/15 and .NET updates on 8/11.
I would be glad to provide any other information, especially since it appears that I am not the only one experiencing this issue.
One data point is a dot, two data points are a line, three points are a trend ...
08-23-2019 01:28 PM
Since you are able to make 2-sided copies, then this may point to a communication issue with the scanner driver or software. Please uninstall and reinstall the drivers and software by following the instructions below:
* If you are using Windows 10, please type Control Panel in the search bar to access it.
1. On your computer, open [Control Panel] > [Devices and Printers].
2. Right-click on the MF730C Series printer, and then select [Remove Device]. Delete all icons for the MF730C Series printer.
3. Return to [Control Panel], and then select [Programs] or [Programs and Features] > [Uninstall a Program].
4. Double-click on the MF Scan Utility, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files
5. Next, double-click on the MF730C Series Driver, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files.
6. Restart the computer.
Once the computer restarts, please click the links below to download and reinstall the drivers and software:
After the installation is complete, please restart the computer. When the computer is back on, and at your desktop, please scan a document. If the error persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).
08-23-2019 01:30 PM - edited 08-23-2019 01:57 PM
In your case, it is recommended that you uninstall and reinstall just the drivers. Please follow the steps that I gave to raghu. If the issue persists, after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).