cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733Cdw - Error - E021-1000

lomalinda
Apprentice

MF733Cdw - Purchased this printer in June 2019.  It's been working fine until this past week.  I have an error E021-1000.  I have tried powering off the printer and restarting it several times per the error description/message.  Message also says to call my dealer or service representative if that doesn't work.  I purchased the printer thru Amazon.com.  I called the local service people listed when I search for service on the Canon page.  Those folks basically gave us a ton of push back to the effect that they would not work on this printer since we didn't purchase from them.  

What does this error mean?

Who/Where do I need to go to have the printer repaired?

I am truly disappointed by the quality of the Canon printer - hard fail after only 6 months - and - no service.

Thoughts, suggestions or any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi lomalinda.

The E021-1000 error indicates a problem likely requiring service. Try removing and then reinserting the yellow toner cartridge.  If the error persists and you are in the U.S., call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).  If you are outside of the U.S., refer to the map at http://global.canon/en/support/ for help finding local service within warranty.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Darius
Whiz

Hi lomalinda.

The E021-1000 error indicates a problem likely requiring service. Try removing and then reinserting the yellow toner cartridge.  If the error persists and you are in the U.S., call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).  If you are outside of the U.S., refer to the map at http://global.canon/en/support/ for help finding local service within warranty.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried powering down the printer, waited 10 or so minutes and plugged it back in and then powered it on.  I did this several times and it finally came back online.  If this happens again, I will follow the same process as above as well as removing/reinserting the yellow cartridge.  

Thank you.

My problems is similar except the error code is slightly different: E003-0001. What does that mean? Powering off and on does not correct this!

Did not work for me.

abceteach
Apprentice

Same problem except E021-2022

Hello,

The error would point to a jam or a problem with the hardware. In this situation, you can try removing all of the toner and then checking the inside of the printer for any jams or obstructions. If it is clear, you can turn the printer on and reload the toner. If the error comes back up, it would mean the printer needs service. You can log into your MyCanon account or contact support at 1-800-652-2666 to check for any available service options.

Announcements